1. Why would I use multiple video zones?
A video zone is used to display a pool of video ads targeted to that specific zone in that application. Ad performance stats are also aggregated by zones in apps, so each zone can define the ads displayed as well as metrics for that specific ad zone. The use of multiple video zones opens the door to many different implementations and capabilities as well as more specific targeting and analysis.
Back to Top
2. How do I set up multiple video zones in my app?
Once you have set up your application in the monetization section of our web dashboard, your app should have one zone automatically created for you called “Ad Zone #1” shown in your zone list. Simply create more zones by clicking on the green “+ Setup New Ad Zone” button. A unique zone ID will be generated for each zone you create, and you should name it accordingly for reference purposes. You can activate up to 15 Ad zones per app.
When integrating the SDK into your application, you will declare your app ID and one or more zone IDs in the initialization code. Details can be found in the SDK Integration documentation. You can modify your zone options at any time, including toggling zones on and off, by clicking on the zone to edit.
Back to Top
3. What are some examples of using multiple video zones?
Below are a few very general usage examples for multiple video zones. Not all techniques work in all types of apps, and there may be certain applications specific to your app that you discover.
1 — Run, Track, and Analyze Different Ad Placements
When you create two or more different video zones, you can call those video zones on different locations or at different times in your app. You can also use multiple products in your app (i.e. interstitial and rewarded video) by separating them into different zones. Each zone will allow you to manage the frequency, cap settings, and rewards. It will also allow you to dynamic test, activate, or deactivate different zones depending on their performance or user feedback.
- Create a zone for playing a video ad when the user starts a new game.
- Create another video zone, but for playing a video ad between game levels.
- Compare performance and turn off zones that users dislike or that monetize poorly.
2 — Rewarded Video Varying Rewards
Different zones can award different rewards, so when an incentivized video is displayed, the specific zone desired is called with the desired reward.
- Create a video zone for a small 100 coins reward.
- Create a second video zone for a big 1,000 coins reward.
- Check the user’s game level, and give the small reward for beginner users and a bigger reward for more experienced users.
3 — A/B Split Testing
Different zones with different awards or different targeted ads can be created as Zone A and Zone B. Zone B is called a small sample of the time so that Zone B can be tracked and analyzed against Zone A.
- Create a video zone, Zone A, for typical users.
- Sample some of your users to show video Zone B to.
- Compare the performance and revenue of Zone A to Zone B in A/B testing fashion.
4 — Target Different User Groups
Ads can be specifically targeted to zones based on content and targeting specifications. If you would like to show specific ads to certain users or user groups, we can target different ads to your different zones.
- Create a video zone for playing monetizing video ads, with no house ads.
- Create a second video zone for playing house ads with your cross-promotional videos.
- Target and show your active and loyal users house ads to cross-promote other titles.